Sailing DatesNot Available
Panama has the most unique Caribbean destinations, including Curacao and the oldest synagogue in the western hemisphere…. Join our Kosher Panama Canal Cruise Today!
Guests aboard Eurodam, in our Vista-class series, enjoy a spectacular art and antique collection, wide teak decks, elegant dining rooms and spacious staterooms-many with verandahs
About the Cruise
Travelers may disagree on which sites deserve to be considered modern wonders of the world, but the Panama Canal would surely make most short lists. The shipping channel—which took 33 years to complete and cost 25,000 workers their lives—is arguably the greatest engineering project ever. Today, a journey through the canal will take you from the port of Colón on the Atlantic to bustling Panama City on the Pacific. Along the way, you’ll find Gatun Lake, once the largest manmade lake in the world, which has proved a boon for Central American species that thrive here, undisturbed by the ships passing by.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
If you’ve ever dreamed of having your own private island, Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas offers the opportunity to fulfill that fantasy. Also known as Little San Salvador Island, Half Moon Cay is located southeast of Nassau. In 1996, Holland America Line purchased the island and set aside most of it as a wildlife sanctuary. At 10 square kilometers (four square miles), the island is small enough that you can see it all in a day, yet large enough to offer an array of activities: horseback riding, snorkeling with stingrays, a range of water sports and, of course, simply lounging on the beach.
The capital of Curaçao, Willemstad, is almost as old as a more famous Dutch settlement—it was founded in 1634, just 10 years after New Amsterdam, later called New York. But while the Dutch control of New Amsterdam was relatively brief, Curaçao remains a part of the Netherlands to this day. Its historic center is a unique mixture of Dutch architecture and Caribbean pastels, its gabled row houses overlooking Sint Anna Bay, a waterway dividing the city in two and connecting the Caribbean to the protected Schottegat Bay. The entire historic center of Willemstad has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While Willemstad’s legendary days of yore can be explored at institutions like the Kura Hulanda and Curaçao Maritime Museum, this is a vibrant, living city too. Highlights of this multicultural melting pot might include a stop at its floating market and a visit to a curaçao distillery to taste the famous local liqueur. Natural wonders await as well: Some of the Caribbean’s most stunning diving and snorkeling spots are here. Finally, a meal in Willemstad will let you experience the diversity of the island through the surprising flavors of its cuisine, which reflects European, Caribbean and Latin American influences.
Its official name is Cartagena de Indias—or “Cartagena of the Indies”—but call it Cartagena for short. The formal name hints at this Colombian city’s colonial relationship with Spain; it was founded in 1533 and named after the mother country’s Cartagena. Colombia declared independence in 1810, but there’s plenty about its fifth-largest city that evokes old Spain, including the impressive fort of Castillo San Felipe de Barajas, and the wall that encloses the old town, one of the few intact structures of its kind in the Americas. Both were considered important enough to inscribe on UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites in 1984.
Launched in 2008, ms Eurodam is the 1st of two Signature-class Holland America cruise ships, together with ms Nieuw Amsterdam.
History – construction and ownership
Holland America Line (HAL) is a Seattle-based cruise company owned by Carnival Corporation (shipowner). Between 1873-1989, HAL was a Dutch cargo and passenger shipping company operating regular Transatlantic crossings between Holland and the Americas. HAL was founded in 1873 as “Dutch-American Steamship Company” headquartered in Rotterdam Netherlands. In 1989, HAL was acquired by Carnival Corporation for around EUR 530 million. Among company’s assets are the Westmark hotel chain (Alaska-Yukon), Worldwide Shore Services (warehouses-logistics) and Half Moon Cay (Caribbean private island).
The 86,273-ton, 2,104-passenger cruise ship ms Eurodam keeps going HAL’s more recent tradition of offering an onboard atmosphere that blends elements from past and present. The vessel’s stylish art collection, its excellent trained crew members – that hail mainly from the Philippines and Indonesia – and courtly evening amusement, from a nightly string quartet to cheek-to-cheek dancing, all connect cruisers to Holland America’s magnificent inheritance. MS Eurodam was last refurbished in January 2016. Following the 2-week long drydock, ms Eurodam boasts a number of new dining venues, suite offerings and entertainment options. Guests aboard Holland America Line’s Eurodam will find new food and beverage offers. Replacing Northern Lights, passengers can start the evening at the new cocktail bar Gallery Bar, serving unique drinks by celebrity mixologist Dale DeGroff. On ship’s Lido deck, cruisers will find a reconfigured Lido Market, with modern “island station” design.
For suite guests, a refreshed experience is prepared. As announced earlier in 2015, the refresh program is adding new carpet, furniture, USB and revamped electrical outlets, an enhanced bathroom and vanity. Announced as brand new offerings for the upcoming Koningsdam, Billboard Onboard & Lincoln Center Stage made a grand appearance on ms Eurodam, with new ways for passengers to dive into music. Billboard Onboard creates an exceptional twist to traditional night entertainment, hosting live musicians who perform Billboard’s hottest hits, mix in dueling pianos and music trivia. Via partnership with Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, The Stage will host nightly performances of classical music, as well as afternoon recitals on sea days.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Eurodam itinerary program is based on Baltic cruises from Amsterdam and Copenhagen, Mediterranean from Rome, Caribbean out of Fort lauderdale FL, and Transatlantic repositioning sailings.
MS Eurodam has a total of 1052 cabins (of which 114 Suites, 604 Balcony, 155 Inside rooms) in 38 grades. Most ms Eurodam staterooms are 200-sq.foot balcony rooms. Nearly 70% of ship’s accommodations have private balcony views. 30 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard ms Eurodam are the Pinnacle Suites (1150 ft2). There are also Spa cabins (8) and Spa suites (8).
Implemented fleetwide in 2019, “Club Orange” program provides exclusive amenities to Suite passengers booked in categories Neptune and Pinnacle. Bonus perks by this program include:
- priority services (check-in, disembarkation, tendering, dining reservations)
- 24-hour concierge service (assistance, information, reservations)
- exclusive dining venue (serving complimentary Pinnacle Grill breakfast and Dining Room dinner, plus exclusive dishes)
- dedicated Concierge Desk (Guest Services and Tours)
- room service (a la carte breakfast menu with complimentary gourmet dishes – including smoked salmon, steak and eggs)
- sparkling wine (embarkation day), Club Orange tote bag, premium bathrobes (cabin use, available for monogramming and purchasing).
- Club Orange Restaurant is part of the Main Dining Room (designed as separate VIP dining section).
Shipboard dining options – Food and Drinks
MS Eurodam boasts more dining options than any other ship in the fleet of Holland America besides her sister ms Nieuw Amsterdam. The seven different and distinct dining areas provide casual and formal options. The Rembrandt Restaurant is ship’s 2-deck Main Dining Room, and it’s open daily for open seating breakfast and occasionally for open seating lunch. At breakfast, there are a lot of choices, from yogurt, fruit and granola, to corned beef hash, pancakes and eggs prepared in many ways. When lunch is served in the Rembrandt, the choice of options is perfect and includes salads, starters, soups, entrees and desserts. It’s a relaxing and civilized alternative to the Lido buffet.
Follows the complete list of ms Eurodam restaurants and food bars.
- Pinnacle Grill (140-seat reservations-only seafood/steakhouse restaurant with fine wines selection; free for passengers under 12 yo). The venue transforms into “An Evening at le Cirque” once per cruise via partnership with NYC “Le Cirque” French restaurant.
- Rembrandt Restaurant (1114-seat, aft Dining Room; features open seating Breakfast and Lunch, two Dinner options – 2 fixed seatings or “Any Time” dining between 5:15 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Terrace Grill (46-seat fast food pool bar; complimentary)
- Lido Restaurant (470-seat complimentary buffet restaurant; offers self-service Breakfast 6:00 a.m. -11 a.m., Lunch 11:30 p.m. – 2 p.m., Afternoon Tea, and Dinner 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Canaletto Restaurant (Lido Restaurant annex; operates as Italian restaurant for Dinner, reservations required)
- Tamarind (142-seat Asian specialty restaurant; reservations-only)
- Slice (complimentary Pizzeria, poolside).
Shipboard entertainment options – Fun and Sport
The progress that ms Eurodam introduces for HAL is relatively gentle. The ship is an evolution, rather than a revolution. Still, some changes point more to Hollad America’s future than to its past. Eurodam is the first cruise liner built for Holland America without a tennis court, for instance. The area went a long way to making room for a combination basketball/dodgeball court, Silk Den and nearby Tamarind. The private, extra-fee cabana zones around and above the major swimming pool remind more of a sleek South Beach resort than a cruise liner. Other amenities include: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program (“Club Hal”), cruise ship weddings, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of ms Eurodam lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Atrium (3-deck high midship open-floor area with live performances)
- The Mainstage (890-seat theater/main show lounge; also serves Holland America’s enrichment program (via partnership with BBC Earth)
- Piano Bar; Sports Bar; Pinnacle Bar (36-seat wine bar); Ocean Bar (Atrium bar and lounge, with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Northern Lights Disco & Nightclub (now Gallery Bar cocktail bar)
- Billboard Onboard & Lincoln Center Stage
- Queen’s Lounge & Culinary Arts Centre (166-seat, with live band entertainment, cooking shows, culinary classes; via partnership with “Food & Wine Magazine”)
- Explorer’s Lounge & Bar (lounge with bar; classical concert performances); Silk Den Lounge
- King’s Room (complimentary workshops, Internet computers room, by partnership with Microsoft)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery
- Casino (served by Casino Bar and Sports Bar)
- Screening Room (38-seat indoor cinema)
- Atrium Shops (boutiques for duty-free tobaccos and liquor, perfumes, watches, clothing, HAL logo merchandise, souvenirs); Marabella Luxury Shop
- Explorations Cafe (specialty coffee bar and patisserie; also serves as ship’s Library and Online Centre/Internet computers room)
- Neptune Lounge (club venue for Deluxe Suite and Pinnacle guests only)
- Fitness Center (gym with separate Aerobics Room); 7 jacuzzis
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon; Lido Pool area, served by Lido Bar and Terrace Grill; Sea View Pool area served by Sea View Bar; The Retreat (adults-only)
- Crow’s Nest (observation lounge; bar and dance floor; becomes disco at night)
- Sport Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer); Promenade Deck, Walking Track
- Club HAL (kids lounge, complimentary youth programming)
- The Loft (teens club lounge area, with Video Games Arcade, computers, PlayStations; teen disco).
Available Room Types
Panama CanalPanama has the most unique Caribbean destinations, including Curacao and the oldest synagogue in the western hemisphere.... Join our Kosher Panama Canal Cruise Today! Guests aboard Eurodam, in our Vista-class series, enjoy a spectacular art and antique collection, wide teak decks, elegant dining rooms and spacious staterooms-many with verandahs About the Cruise Travelers may disagree [...]Read more
|WEDNESDAY||Jan 15||Fort Lauderdale|
|Depart 5:00 pm|
|THURSDAY||Jan 16||Half Moon Cay|
|Arrive 8:00 am||Depart 3:00 pm|
|FRIDAY||Jan 17||Cruising at Sea|
|Arrive 1:00 pm||Depart 11:00 pm|
|Arrive 8:00 am||Depart 11:00 pm|
|MONDAY||Jan 20||Cruising at Sea|
|Arrive 7:00 am||Depart 1:00 pm|
|WEDNESDAY||Jan 22||Gatun Lake, Panama|
|Arrive 5:00 am||Depart 5:00 pm|
|THURSDAY||Jan 23||Puerto Limon|
|Arrive 7:30 am||Depart 4:00 pm|
|FRIDAY||Jan 24||Cruising at sea|
|SHABBAT||Jan 25||Cruising at Sea|
|SUNDAY||Jan 26||Fort Lauderdale|
|Arrive 7:00 am|
|INSIDE STATEROOM||Inside Staterooms are the most affordable way to cruise. Ideal for anyone looking for Cabins that are stylish and comfortable at a good price.|
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
$2,540 + $410 Taxes & Port Charges
|OCEANVIEW WINDOW STATEROOM||Oceanview Staterooms are cabins with large windows to admire the view or simply to enjoy the first rays of morning sunlight.|
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|OceanView Window Staterooms||
$2,940 + $410 Taxes & Port Charges
|Balcony staterooms are comfortable cabins with an host of amenities including an unobstructed private balcony looking out over the sea to make your cruise simply unforgettable.|
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|Balcony Stateroom||$3,590 + $410 Taxes & Port Charges|
SIGNATURE SUITE STATEROOM
|Signature Suite Balcony comes with a sitting area, luxury bath with shower, two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed. Not to mention you'll have a private balcony to enjoy the incredible view.|
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
$4,490 + $410 Taxes & Port Charges
Other Upgraded Suite Cabins available upon request.
Cabin measurements are approximated, and some rooms in the same category may vary in size and/or have different furniture placement, windows or fixtures from those pictured.
- Our Guests will be eligible for onboard credits that HAL is offering at the time of booking.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
• All rates are per person based on double occupancy
• $1000 per person deposit due at time of booking.
- Payment in full is due 90 days before sailing.
- Single rate supplement 60% on all cabins.
• 3rd/4th person Adult sharing in cabin $1,490
- Child up to Age 17 sharing in parents cabin $990
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
• This rate does not include prepaid gratuities:
$12 per guest per day for any cabin stateroom
Regular cabins: Bookings are refundable less $100 administration fee until 90 days before sailing when full payment is due. Less than 90 days: 100% of total – no refund.
From 124 days to 90 days: Bookings are refundable less 25% of total invoice amount. Less than 90 days: 100% of total – no refund.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insura
About our Kosher Cruises: Eddie's Kosher Travel & Destinations
Combined we are the world's leading Kosher Tour operator with over 30 years experience, having satisfied thousands of Clients from USA, Israel, France, Belgium, Switzerland, UK , Mexico, Australia, South Africa on dozens of Cruises. We provide four gourmet meals a day in our own separate area of the dining room. All our meals are freshly prepared under the Management of Costa's Executive Chefs aboard each ship.
The Kashrut is under the strict supervision of Rabbi Rothenberg of Vienna . He has spent many years developing the community Kosher list in Vienna for hundreds of food products sold in large retail chains throughout the Europe. This knowledge is very important and gives hotel operators in Europe the ability to bring local products and not need to import from Israel or the USA. His Kashrut experience has further expanded into the Kosher Cruises and he the Rav Hamachshir for Eddie’s Kosher Travel/Destinations Cruise packages.
Rabbi Rotenberg works throughout the year to obtain Kosher meat and poultry throughout Europe at the highest kosher level, at the best price. For every shechita Rabbi Rotenberg sends a special overseer on his behalf in order to ensure that the shipment of meat from the start will arrive at the hotel with the utmost supervision.
Rabbi Rottenberg currently serves as part time Rabbi of Savion community in Israel
Further enquiries pls contact Rabbi Nechemia Rottenberg on +972 584038543 / +436889171489 or email@example.com
During the voyage, we have exclusive use of our own synagogue for three daily prayers, a Sefer Torah and intellectually stimulating Torah classes are also provided at regular intervals. We often have a Guest Scholar on board. On Shabbat, we have a permanent arrangement with the Cruise Line to run an automated Shabbat elevator, a solution for locking the door of the rooms, no island music playing in the dining room, candle lighting area and more. We have thought of every detail for your maximum comfort and enjoyment.