Sailing DatesNot Available
Western Mediterranean Kosher Cruise
A new jewel shines on the sea
Discover all the best of Italy on board the BRAND NEW SMARELDA SHIP
The new Costa ships were scheduled for delivery in 2019 (Smeralda) and 2020 (Toscana). Costa cruise liners were built in Turku Finland, AIDA’s – in Papenburg Germany. Each vessel has a gross tonnage of 183,000 tons, over 2600 cabins, double-occupancy passenger capacity 5200 (max 6600) and crew capacity around 700.
Ship’s design features more efficient use of both indoor and open-deck spaces, with several multi-functional areas. Deck 16 is the activity deck with a water slide, water park, high rope garden, mini-golf. The pool deck is covered with a retractable glass roof. The Beach Club (adults only complex) is beneath the glass roof and features an activity area with 2 waterslides, rock climbing wall, sports deck area. This deck also has a giant LED wall for movies and other outdoor video entertainment. The ship has dedicated club lounges for teens and kids, including for toddlers.
Ship’s panoramic glass elevators also connect the outdoor areas. There is a 45-m above water level located glass-bottomed skywalk, huge wellness complex (Organic Spa and Fitness), a plaza with numerous bars and shops, Atrium Lobby lounge (meeting place with a stage for street performers), large-capacity Theater (show lounge).
Shipboard entertainment options – Fun and Sport
Costa Smeralda ship’s entertainment options include Liquid Entertainment (live music, dancing, thrilling shows and other live performances at venues like Colosseum and Piazza Trastevere (bow-located). Piazza Grande Bellezza is a midship-located amphitheater/show lounge for live performances, while Piazza Ravello is an open space with a bar lounge area (with live music and served by Spritz Bar). Live entertainment (DJs and pianists) can be also found throughout the restaurants. Fun street performances are held in several public areas. Ship’s best spots for evening entertainment are Casino Laguna (gaming lounge with bar) and Quelli Della Notte (piano bar).
Ship’s wellness complex includes a large Fitness Center/Gym, and the Samsara Spa (beauty salon, thalassotherapy pool, sauna, salt room, snow room, relaxation room, Turkish Bath/hammam, treatment rooms for massages). The cruise liner Smeralda has 4 swimming pools – La Spiaggia (central/glass roof covered), Settimo Cielo (outside, with a swimming lane) plus 2 for kids. Children also benefit from the Aqua Park and La Sala Giochi (teens-only interactive game room). Younger children can play at Luna Park. The CoDe Museum on Costa Smeralda is fleet’s first Italian design-themed museum. The Trastevere (deck 8 forward) is a Mediterranean marketplace-style complex lined up with shops and bars (also representing the premium brands Ferrari, Illy, Campari).
Follows the complete list of Costa Smeralda lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Teatro Sanremo (Theater Lounge, Grand Theatre) is offered a different Broadway-style show production each night, with professional performances by national and international artists (singers, dancers, acrobats, magicians, stand-up comedians). Talent shows allow passengers to become a star performing on stage.
- Liquid Entertainment programming features live music and shows, dancing and other performances at the Colosseum and Piazza Trastevere. Colosseo is a 3-deck-high, midship-located show lounge (on 3 levels) featuring large LED screens mounted on its walls and dome. The large screens display also ship’s current cruise itinerary (as call ports and land tours) via themed videos.
- Piazza Grande Bellezza (amphitheater)
- Piazza Ravello (open space with a bar lounge area, live music, Spritz Bar)
- CoDe Museum showcases the best of the Italian design companies.
- Amarillo Ice Cream Shop & Chocolate Bar uses Agrimontana-based flavorings to prepare creamy Italian gelato (frozen desserts) and Italian confectionery made from Gobino chocolate and Biasetto (pastry shop) sweets.
- At the Teen Club (ages 12 to 17) teenagers are divided into 2 age groups – Teen Club Junior (12-14-year-olds) and Teen Club (15-17-year-olds). Among the most popular events are sports tournaments, disco and game competitions, themed dinners, open-deck pool parties, dance and music classes.
- The Beach Club (adults-only complex) is beneath the glass roof and has an activity area with 2 waterslides, rock climbing wall, sports deck area and outdoor theater with a giant LED wall for movies and other media).
- La Sala Giochi is an interactive game room for teens.
- Luna Park is an outdoor playground for kids.
- Aqua Park Smeralda (outdoor park with water slides)
- Ship’s 4 swimming pools are named La Spiaggia (midship, glass roof covered), Settimo Cielo (with a swimming lane, and is served by Bar Settimo Cielo / Seventh Heaven Bar), plus 2 kids pools.
- Sun Deck Private 19 is an adults-only sundeck area with swimming pools and jacuzzi.
- Passeggiata Volare (Fly Walk) is a Skywalk – glass-bottomed walkway located 65 m / 213 ft above sea level
- Campo da Gioco (Sports Court) is an outdoor playground for playing basketball/volleyball.
- Palestra Virtus (Gymnasium / Fitness Center) is fitted with the latest Technogym equipment.
- Centro Benessere Samsara (SPA & Massage) is ship’s wellness complex consisting of Venus Beauty Salon, thalassotherapy pool, sauna room, 16 treatment rooms (thermal massage, stone massage, Lime & Ginger massage).
- Trastevere is deck 8’s bow-located marketplace-like string of shops and bars. Shopping options also include Costa Boutique (branded merchandise) and Shop II Mercatino.
- Photo Shop, Area Foto (Photo Gallery and Shop)
- Lungomare Riviera (Promenade Deck)
- Piazza di Spagna
- Nutella Cafe
- Aperol Spritz Bar
- Quelli Della Notte (Piano Bar / Jazz Club)
- II cielo in una stanza (Piano Bar)
- Grand Bar Mastroianni
- Terazza e Bar Superba (outdoor bar lounge)
- Bar Orizzonte (Horizon Bar)
- Spazio Bollicine
- Bar II mattino
- Bar II Sole
- II Bacaro
- La Vetta
- Bar Maranello
- Bar La Cascata
- Casino & Bar Laguna, Disco Nightclub
|Year built||2019new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||EUR 790 million (USD 950 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||337 m / 1106 ft|
|Beam (width)||42 m / 138 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||183900 gt|
|Passengers||5282 – 6338|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Sister-ships||AIDAnova, P&O Iona, Costa Toscana, Carnival Mardi Gras|
Available Room Types
EuropeWestern Mediterranean Kosher Cruise A new jewel shines on the sea Discover all the best of Italy on board the BRAND NEW SMARELDA SHIP The new Costa ships were scheduled for delivery in 2019 (Smeralda) and 2020 (Toscana). Costa cruise liners were built in Turku Finland, AIDA's - in Papenburg Germany. Each vessel has a gross [...]Read more
Western MediterraneanWestern Mediterranean Kosher Cruise A new jewel shines on the sea Discover all the best of Italy on board the BRAND NEW SMARELDA SHIP The new Costa ships were scheduled for delivery in 2019 (Smeralda) and 2020 (Toscana). Costa cruise liners were built in Turku Finland, AIDA's - in Papenburg Germany. Each vessel has a gross [...]Read more
- Air Condition
- Indoor pool
- Mini Golf
- Outdoor pool
- Turkish steam bath
- Wake up service
03 August, 2020
17 August 2020
|Barcelona, Spain||Departs||7:00 pm|
|Palma De Majorca||9:00 am||1:00 am|
|Cruising at Sea|
|8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Rome, Civitavecchia||8:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Savona||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Marseille||8:30 pm||5:00 pm|
|Barcelona, Spain||9:00 am||Arrives|
|Inside Premium Staterooms are the most affordable way to cruise. Ideal for anyone looking for Cabins that are stylish and comfortable at a good price.|
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|Inside Stateroom||$2,440 + $100 Taxes & Port Charges|
OCEAN VIEW PREMIUM STATEROOM:
Ocean view Premium Staterooms are cabins with large windows to admire the view or simply to enjoy the first rays of morning sunlight.
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|Ocean View Window Staterooms||
$2,640 + $100 Taxes & Port Charges
CLASSIC BALCONY STATEROOM
Balcony Staterooms are comfortable cabins with an host of amenities including a private balcony looking out over the sea to make your cruise simply unforgettable.
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|Balcony Stateroom||$2,840 + $100 Taxes & Port Charges|
PREMIUM BALCONY STATEROOM
Balcony Premium Stateroom come with a sitting area, luxury bath with shower, two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed. Not to mention you'll have an unobstructed private balcony to enjoy the incredible view.
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|Premium Balcony Stateroom||$2,990 + $100 Taxes & Port Charges|
Upgraded Suite Cabins available upon request.
Cabin measurements are approximated, and some rooms in the same category may vary in size and/or have different furniture placement, windows or fixtures from those pictured.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
• All rates are per person based on double occupancy
• $1000 per person deposit due at time of booking.
- Payment in full is due 90 days before sailing.
- Single rate supplement 60% on all cabins.
• 3rd/4th person Adult sharing in cabin $1,490
- Child up to Age 17 sharing in parents cabin $990
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
• This rate does not include prepaid gratuities:
$12 per guest per day for any cabin stateroom
- Regular cabins: Bookings are refundable less $100 administration fee until 90 days before sailing when full payment is due. Less than 90 days: 100% of total – no refund.
From 124 days to 90 days: Bookings are refundable less 25% of total invoice amount. Less than 90 days: 100% of total – no refund.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Scholars & Entertainers
SCHOLAR IN RESIDENCE ON MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE 3 AUGUST , 2020
RABBI BARUCH TAUB
At the invitation of our Founding President, Toronto philanthropist Joseph Tanenbaum z"l, Rabbi Taub initiated the BAYT in his new home with 12 founding member families, over thirty years ago. In the years that followed the Shule grew to over 700 families, housed in our state-of-the-art building. Under the aegis of its "Meshech Chochma" Adult Education Program, the BAYT conducts over 30 weekly Shiurim, including two daily Daf Yomi Shiurim as well as numerous Shiurim b'Ivrit. With five daily Shacharis Minyonim, two Mincha and Ma'ariv Services, as well as seven Shabbos morning services, the BAYT has become a vibrant Torah Learning and Davening Center. Rabbi Taub served on the Bais Din and was the President of the Va'ad Harabonim of Toronto. In 1990 Rabbi Taub conducted the Siyum Hashas in Lublin, Poland, the site of the founder of the Daf Yomi, Rabbi Meir Shapiro ZT"L. He was awarded the National Rabbinic Leadership Award of the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America in 1993. The Rabbi has led the annual BAYT Brotherhood Mission to Israel for many years, twinning the Shul with the Beit El Community. A much sought-after speaker, Rabbi Taub has lectured in most major cities in the USA and Canada. His published works include “ And The Dove Found Rest” on the Torah Parashiot” and” Gedola Hateshuva”(Hebrew), Feldheim/ Tzuf Publishers. In addition Rabbi Taub has contributed articles to leading Torah Journals. Before returning to his native Toronto, Rabbi Taub served as International Director of NCSY (National Conference of Synagogue Youth) of the UOJCA. In that capacity he inaugurated "NCSY Goes to Yeshiva" and the "NCSY Torah Experience." He also served as the adjunct professor of Judaic Studies at Stern College, Yeshiva University. Rabbi Taub is a Yadin Yadin Musmach of the Ner Israel Rabbinical College, Baltimore, Maryland and holds an M.A. degree from Loyola College Baltimore Maryland and a Doctorate in Judaic Studies from Maimonides College. In November 2010, the BAYT families dedicated a Sefer Torah in his honor and hosted a dinner for the community to honor his retirement as Rav and his becoming Rabbi Emeritus. Rabbi Taub has made Aliya and lives in Netanya with his Rebbetzin Malkah (nee Mandelberg) of Johannesburg, South Africa
SCHOLAR IN RESIDENCE ON MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE 17 AUGUST , 2020
Rabbi Yechiel M Lichtenstein is a popular traveling speaker and practicing licensed psychotherapist. He currently works in the hip area of Sunset Park and the prestige district of Park Ave in NYC. With a clientele ranging from socialites to academics, navigating cultures and norms has become a focus point of his research and practice. A charming yet energetic polymath, he has captivated audiences from across the spectrum. Highly accomplished at a young age, Rabbi Lichtenstein has taught Machshava in several Brooklyn based seminaries including Ateres Tziporah, Bnos Binah, and Ateres Naava. In addition, he provides professional trainings on mental health topics and innovations to clinically oriented facilities and organizations. Similarly, as a frequent guest at hotel programs, scholar-in-residence events, conferences, and national radio, his range of topics cover ancient spirituality to millennialist thought.
Fluent in philosophy and psychology while being a graduate of prestigious Yeshivos combined with a Social Change oriented University fuels dynamic discussions and analytic thought. Aside of an MS in Mental Health, he also holds several post-graduate certifications and trainings. When not traveling, Rabbi Lichtenstein resides with his Rebbetzin and family in Brooklyn, NY.
Let us pamper you with our freshly prepared cuisine by renowned chefs, cooked from start to finish on board and entirely from fresh ingredients.
From casual hot & cold buffets to elegant glatt kosher dining in our ocean view restaurant with choices sure to please those with even the most discerning tastes.
Expect fine china, crisp linens, fine glassware and cutlery, and sheer elegance through which you will enjoy a glatt kosher dining experience at sea.
To compliment the three delightful meals, there are also afternoon and late night snacks to tempt your palate.
You will enjoy the Glatt kosher cuisine of uncompromising quality and strict kashrut standards. All meat is Glatt kosher and milk products are Chalav Yisrael. Our on-board Kosher kitchen is under the full time supervision of a team of mashgichim, headed by our cruise Rav HaMachshir.
Rabbi Nehemiah Rotenberg was raised in Jerusalem and educated at the Ponevezh Yeshiva in Bnei Brak. After his marriage, he studied at the Beit Midrash of Horaah at the “Kol Ya'akov” Yeshiva, as well as with the Rishon LeZion, Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu, z"l He was ordained by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel.
Rabbi Nehemiah Rotenberg came to Vienna to serve as Rabbi in the community in 2002. During his tenure as Rabbi, he was the head of the "Zehut" Beit Midrash, and during his work in the community he dealt extensively in matters of Kashrus as a representative of many Batai Din (בד"ץ) around the world. Before 2002, while living in Israel he has dealt with kashrus issues and ran a weekly radio program on kashrus.
During the past decade Rabbi Rotenberg’s main specialty is turning hotels throughout Europe to be able to provide food of the highest Kashrus level for Pesach and the summer months. Kashrus of a hotel is a distinct job and requires much expertise in the field, familiarity with the industrial kitchens, the form of Kashering an industrial kitchen, and of course extensive knowledge of kosher food products in Europe. His Kashrut team are all hand picked and well versed with many years of experience.
Rabbi Rothenberg has spent many years developing the community Kosher list in Vienna for hundreds of food products sold in large retail chains throughout the Europe. This knowledge is very important and gives hotel operators in Europe the ability to bring local products and not need to import from Israel or the USA. His Kashrut experience has further expanded into the Kosher Cruises and he the Rav Hamachshir for Eddie’s Kosher Travel/Destinations Cruise packages.
Rabbi Rotenberg works throughout the year to obtain Kosher meat and poultry throughout Europe at the highest kosher level, at the best price. For every shechita Rabbi Rotenberg sends a special overseer on his behalf in order to ensure that the shipment of meat from the start will arrive at the hotel with the utmost supervision.
Rabbi Rottenberg currently serves as part time Rabbi of Savion community in Israel Further enquiries pls contact Rabbi Nechemia Rottenberg +972 584038543 +436889171489 or email@example.com