Finally! An affordable Kosher cruise to Cuba brought to you by Eddie’s Kosher Travel & Destinations.
Your Ship: HAL Veendam
History – construction and ownership
Holland America Line (HAL) is a Seattle-based cruise company owned by Carnival Corporation (shipowner). Between 1873-1989, HAL was a Dutch cargo and passenger shipping company operating regular Transatlantic crossings between Holland and the Americas. HAL was founded in 1873 as “Dutch-American Steamship Company” headquartered in Rotterdam Netherlands. In 1989, HAL was acquired by Carnival Corporation for around EUR 530 million. Among company’s assets are the Westmark hotel chain (Alaska-Yukon), Worldwide Shore Services (warehouses-logistics) and Half Moon Cay (Caribbean private island).
The 57,092-ton, 1,266-passenger cruise ship ms Veendam still keeps her traditional strengths. Veendam’s signature has been her personal ambience and multitude of retreats, where cruisers might enjoy a quiet moment or a book. Passengers might still carve out a private space – whether in one of the blissfully convenient window-facing lounge chairs in the Explorations Cafe, a corner of the Crow’s Nest or Explorer’s Lounge, a padded deck chair on the Deck 6 walk or one of the many slices of outer decks stepped up the bow of the cruise liner. The only time that passengers really feel the crowds, is when they are queuing up for dinner in the Rotterdam Dining Room or the Lido Restaurant, the same as other cruise ships.
Cruise itinerary program
(December 22, 2017 through April 2018), MS Veendam cruises to Cuba leaving roundtrip from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale Florida). HAL’s 7-, 11-and 12-days long Cuban cruise itineraries also visit other Caribbean ports of call. Prices started from USD 900 per person (double occupancy inside cabin rates). Bookings opened on May 26, 2017.
MS Veendam has a total number of 675 cabins (of which 193 Suites, no Balcony, 138 Inside, 16 Spa rooms) in 31 grades. Most ms Veendam staterooms are 175-255-sq.foot oceanview rooms (345). Almost 30% of ship’s accommodations have private balcony views. 18 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard ms Veendam are the Pinnacle Suites (935 ft2). There are also Lanai cabins (38, category CA, on deck 3), Spa cabins (3 – Interior, IQ category), Spa suites (12, BQ).
Implemented fleetwide in 2019, “Club Orange” program provides exclusive amenities to Suite passengers booked in categories Neptune and Pinnacle. Bonus perks by this program include:
- priority services (check-in, disembarkation, tendering, dining reservations)
- 24-hour concierge service (assistance, information, reservations)
- exclusive dining venue (serving complimentary Pinnacle Grill breakfast and Dining Room dinner, plus exclusive dishes)
- dedicated Concierge Desk (Guest Services and Tours)
- room service (a la carte breakfast menu with complimentary gourmet dishes – including smoked salmon, steak and eggs)
- sparkling wine (embarkation day), Club Orange tote bag, premium bathrobes (cabin use, available for monogramming and purchasing).
- Club Orange Restaurant is part of the Main Dining Room (designed as separate VIP dining section).
Shipboard dining options – Food and Drinks
Veendam’s restaurants include the Rotterdam Dining Room, the Lido buffet, and the intimate Pinnacle Grill. There is also a casual poolside option for hot dogs and burgers, a coffee bar, and complimentary room service round-the-clock (from hot breakfast choices to dinner selections). The Lido buffet is efficient and has great sea views through its floor-to-ceiling windows. The buffet serves continental breakfast from 6:30 a.m., full breakfast (7-11 a.m.); lunch (11 a.m.-2 p.m.); and dinner (6-7:30 p.m.) Hours are adjusted during embarkation/debarkation and on port days. There are extended hours for ice cream, sandwiches or late-night offerings. Tea and coffee are available at the Lido at all times. The lines are manageable, even at peak times, with lots of available tables.
Follows the complete list of ms Veendam restaurants and food bars.
- Pinnacle Grill (62-seat reservations-only seafood/steakhouse restaurant with fine wines selection; free for passengers under 12 yo). The venue transforms into “An Evening at le Cirque” once per cruise via partnership with NYC “Le Cirque” French restaurant.
- Rotterdam Restaurant (696-seat, aft Dining Room; features open seating Breakfast and Lunch, two Dinner options – 2 fixed seatings or “Any Time” dining between 5:15 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Terrace Grill (fast food pool bar; complimentary)
- Lido Restaurant (372-seat complimentary buffet restaurant; offers self-service Breakfast 6:00 a.m. -11 a.m., Lunch 11:30 p.m. – 2 p.m., Afternoon Tea, and Dinner 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Canaletto Restaurant (Lido Restaurant annex; operates as Italian restaurant for Dinner, reservations required)
- Slice (poolside Pizzeria).
Shipboard entertainment options – Fun and Sport
The vessel’s $2 million art collection retains the overall feeling of stylish and traditional with superb antique Delft, marble busts, armor and paintings of old Holland America vessels on display. Even nightlife – one of Holland America’s weak points – has been enhanced by the refurbishment; the open plan of Deck 8 creates a superiorly vibe in the evenings when the energy of the casino spills over into the bar places, and shoppers in the stores get lured across the walkway to the piano bar when they hear a favorite tune. By day there are trivia games, Bridge, Bingo, Sudoku, movies, cooking demos and mixology classes. Poolside bands play various music on sailaways and sea days. The New York Times-sponsored Explorations Cafe is ship’s active hub throughout the day and evening. It holds more than 2,000 books plus a host of periodicals and DVD library. There are write-on/wipe-off crossword puzzle tables, touch-screen interactive maps and a cubby of puzzles and games. An adjacent card room and computer/Internet stations are also available. Other amenities include: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program (“Club Hal”), cruise ship weddings, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry/Self-Serve Laundromats.
Follows the complete list of ms Veendam lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Atrium (3-deck high midship open-floor area with live performances)
- Promenade Deck, Walking Track (jogging is not permitted)
- The Showroom at Sea (600-seat theater/main show lounge; also serves Holland America’s enrichment program (via partnership with BBC Earth)
- Queen’s Room (40-seat meeting room, hosts digital workshops via Microsoft partnership, computer classes, social networks, blogging, photo editing)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery
- Wine Tasting Bar, Gourmet Shops (bottles available for purchasing, wine sampling)
- Wajang Theatre & Culinary Arts Centre (203-seat cinema; offers culinary classes and cooking shows presented in demonstration kitchens)
- Atrium Terrace with boutiques; Atrium Shops (boutiques for duty-free tobaccos and liquor, perfumes, watches, clothing, HAL logo merchandise, souvenirs); Marabella Luxury Shop
- Ocean Bar (121-seat Atrium bar and lounge, with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Casino (served by Casino Bar and Sports Bar)
- Hudson Room (40-seat meeting room; used as Cards Room)
- Half Moon Room (60-seat meeting room)
- MIX Lounge (has 3 parts, with live music and trivia games)
- Explorations Cafe (88-seat specialty coffee bar and patisserie; also serves as ship’s Library and Online Centre/Internet computers room)
- Explorer’s Lounge & Bar (60-seat lounge with bar; classical concert performances)
- Neptune Lounge (24-seat club venue for Deluxe Suite and Pinnacle guests only)
- Fitness Center (gym with separate Aerobics Room); 2 jacuzzis
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon; Lido Pool area, served by Lido Bar and Terrace Grill; Sea View Pool area served by Sea View Bar
- The Retreat (sun deck area, adults-only)
- Crow’s Nest (250-seat observation lounge; bar and dance floor; becomes disco at night)
- Tennis Court; Basketball Court; Shuffleboard
- Club HAL (kids lounge, complimentary youth programming)
- The Loft (teens club lounge area, with Video Games Arcade, computers, PlayStations; teen disco)
- The Oasis (40-seat teen-only outdoor area).
Available Room Types
Western CaribbeanFinally! An affordable Kosher cruise to Cuba brought to you by Eddie's Kosher Travel & Destinations. Your Ship: HAL Veendam Launched in 1996, ms Veendam is the 4th and last Statendam (S-class) ship of Holland America, together with MS Statendam (now CMV Vasco de Gama), MS Ryndam (now Pacific Aria) and MS Maasdam. History - construction and ownership Holland [...]Read more
Central AmericaFinally! An affordable Kosher cruise to Cuba brought to you by Eddie's Kosher Travel & Destinations. Your Ship: HAL Veendam Launched in 1996, ms Veendam is the 4th and last Statendam (S-class) ship of Holland America, together with MS Statendam (now CMV Vasco de Gama), MS Ryndam (now Pacific Aria) and MS Maasdam. History - construction and ownership Holland [...]Read more
AmericasFinally! An affordable Kosher cruise to Cuba brought to you by Eddie's Kosher Travel & Destinations. Your Ship: HAL Veendam Launched in 1996, ms Veendam is the 4th and last Statendam (S-class) ship of Holland America, together with MS Statendam (now CMV Vasco de Gama), MS Ryndam (now Pacific Aria) and MS Maasdam. History - construction and ownership Holland [...]Read more
- Air Condition
- Catering service
- Convention floor
- Indoor pool
- Mini Golf
- Outdoor pool
- Pay-per-view Channels
- Ping Pong
- Safety Deposit Box
WEDNESDAY 05 February 2020
|Fort Lauderdale||4:00 pm|
THURSDAY 06, February
FRIDAY 07, February
Cruising at Sea
SHABBAT 08, February
SUNDAY 09, February
|10:00 am||5:00 pm|
MONDAY 10, February
Cayman / George Town
TUESDAY 11, February
Cruising at Sea
WEDNESDAY 12, February
Modern style and elegance for an unforgettable cruise.
|Inside Staterooms are the most affordable way to cruise. Ideal for anyone looking for Cabins that are stylish and comfortable at a good price.|
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|Interior Stateroom||$2,090 + $210 Taxes & Port Charges|
|OCEAN VIEW WINDOW STATEROOM||Ocean view Staterooms are cabins with large windows to admire the view or simply to enjoy the first rays of morning sunlight.
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|OceanView Window Staterooms||$2,495 + $210 Taxes & Port Charges|
|VISTA BALCONY STATEROOM||Balcony staterooms are comfortable cabins with an host of amenities including a private balcony looking out over the sea to make your cruise simply unforgettable.|
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|VISTA BALCONY PREMIUM STATEROOM||Balcony Premium come with a sitting area, luxury bath with shower, two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed. Not to mention you'll have a private balcony to enjoy the incredible view.
|CABIN||PRICE PER PERSON|
|Balcony Premium Stateroom||$3,695 + $210 Taxes & Port Charges|
Other Upgraded Suite Cabins available upon request.
Cabin measurements are approximated, and some rooms in the same category may vary in size and/or have different furniture placement, windows or fixtures from those pictured.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
• All rates are per person based on double occupancy
• $1000 per person deposit due at time of booking.
- Payment in full is due 90 days before sailing.
- Single rate supplement 60% on all cabins.
• 3rd/4th person Adult sharing in cabin $1,490
- Child up to Age 17 sharing in parents cabin $990
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
• This rate does not include prepaid gratuities:
$12 per guest per day for any cabin stateroom
- Regular cabins: Bookings are refundable less $100 administration fee until 90 days before sailing when full payment is due. Less than 90 days: 100% of total – no refund.
From 124 days to 90 days: Bookings are refundable less 25% of total invoice amount. Less than 90 days: 100% of total – no refund.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Scholars & Entertainers
About our Kosher Cruises: Eddie's Kosher Travel together with Destinations
Combined we are the world's leading Kosher Tour operator with over 30 years experience, having satisfied thousands of Clients from USA, Israel, France, Belgium, Switzerland, UK , Mexico, Australia, South Africa on dozens of Cruises.
We provide four gourmet meals a day in our own separate area of the dining room. All our meals are freshly prepared under the Management of our Executive Chefs aboard each ship.
The Kashrut is under the strict supervision of Rabbi Rothenberg of Vienna . He has spent many years developing the community Kosher list in Vienna for hundreds of food products sold in large retail chains throughout the Europe. This knowledge is very important and gives hotel operators in Europe the ability to bring local products and not need to import from Israel or the USA. His Kashrut experience has further expanded into the Kosher Cruises and he the Rav Hamachshir for Eddie’s Kosher Travel/Destinations Cruise packages.
Rabbi Rotenberg works throughout the year to obtain Kosher meat and poultry throughout Europe at the highest kosher level, at the best price. For every shechita Rabbi Rotenberg sends a special overseer on his behalf in order to ensure that the shipment of meat from the start will arrive at the hotel with the utmost supervision.
Rabbi Rottenberg currently serves as part time Rabbi of Savion community in Israel
Further enquiries pls contact Rabbi Nechemia Rottenberg on +972 584038543 / +436889171489 or firstname.lastname@example.org
During the voyage, we have exclusive use of our own synagogue for three daily prayers, a Sefer Torah and intellectually stimulating Torah classes are also provided at regular intervals. We often have a Guest Scholar on board. On Shabbat, we have a permanent arrangement with the Cruise Line to run an automated Shabbat elevator, a solution for locking the door of the rooms, no island music playing in the dining room, candle lighting area and more. We have thought of every detail for your maximum comfort and enjoyment.